About the Illness
May begin suddenly and include: Numbness, weakness, or paralysis of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body; vision problems in one or both eyes, double vision or loss of vision; confusion, trouble speaking or understanding; trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or of coordination; severe headache.
Anyone suffering a stroke must seek professional medical help.
Massage is also a good therapy because it helps circulate blood and oxygen to your muscles.
Try mixing the following herbs with a carrier oil and using it to give the patient a body massage:
Pilau Spices good for all
Crush to a powder, mix with oil and then massage.
Caesalpinia volkensii Leaves good for all
Crush the leaves, mix with oil and then massage.
Food and Nutrition Advice
- Eat immune-boosting foods.
- Take vegetable oil, nuts etc. (Sesame is the best).
- Eat yellow vegetables, especially carrot juice or cabbage juice.
- Drink a juice of pumpkin, pawpaw and turmeric mixed together.
Body Work and General Advice
There are certain things you can do to aid recovery from a stroke:
- Develop a positive mental attitude. This is a really important part of the recovery process.
- Physical exercise is important. Try and take as much as you can. If you are able to afford it, visit a physiotherapist.