Keeping Yourself Clean
- Always keep your hands clean when handling food. This means washing your hands with clean water and soap before preparing food, before eating and after visiting the toilet.
- If you aren’t able to use soap then use ashes from the fire to clean your hands.
- If you have been handling food that hasn’t been cleaned (especially uncooked meat or unwashed fruit and vegetables), wash your hands with clean water before handling any other food.
- Keep your nails short so germs don’t get caught underneath them.
- Cover all wounds to prevent contaminating food while you are preparing and cooking it.